Conditions Under Which Permission Is Granted To Reproduce Works Of Art In The Collection Of The Denver Art Museum
If permission is granted to you or your organization to reproduce an image or images from the collection of the Denver Art Museum, the conditions listed below apply to all reproductions and other use. Permission to reproduce images can be requested, per image, on our Image Rights Request form.
- Permission is granted for one-time, non-exclusive usage in one publication, for one edition, and agreed uponlanguages and distribution. Additional language editions and subsequent new editions will be considered uponapplication.
- Any publication of this work must bear a copyright notice as prescribed by the Copyright Law of the United States.
- Reproduction from printed or photographic materials not supplied by the Denver Art Museum (DAM) is strictlyprohibited.
- Upon request, color proofs or digital files from the printer must be submitted to the DAM for approval.
- The reproduction must be halftone black-and-white or four color and may not be reproduced on colored stock.Nothing may be superimposed on the reproduction (i.e. type or color or another image) without prior permission.
- The object must be reproduced in its entirety and may not be bled off the page or cropped unless the DAMapproves the detail in advance and the caption indicates a detail is shown.
- The credit line, exactly as given on the invoice, must be shown in immediate proximity to the reproduction or inthe section of the publication devoted to acknowledgments.
- In the use of television or films, full credit must be included in the program credits, and when applicable, in theaccompanying manual.
- Upon request, the applicant must provide the Registrar’s Office with a complimentary copy of the publication,CD-Rom, videotape or DVD in which the reproduction(s) appear(s).
- Image(s) will not be provided to the applicant until payment of fees (if applicable) is processed by the DAM.
- The DAM assumes no responsibility for claims against the applicant or the DAM by third parties. The DAM maygrant the permission requested only to the extent of its ownership of the rights relating to the request. Certainworks of art, as well as the photographs of those works of art, may be protected by copyright, trademark, orrelated interests not owned by the DAM. The responsibility for ascertaining whether any such rights exist, and forobtaining all other necessary permissions, remains with the applicant.
- The DAM makes no warranties or representations and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any claimsagainst the applicant or the DAM by the artists, their agents, estates, or by any parties in connection with thereproduction of works of art in the collection of the DAM. The applicant agrees to indemnify, to the extentpermitted by law, DAM and hold it harmless against any and all such claims, including copyright infringementclaims, royalty or fee demands and/ or actions, including the costs thereof arising as a result of the applicant’sreproduction of the work(s) in the collection of DAM. Any and all royalty payments or other requirementsspecified by the copyright owner of such a work must be paid or honored by the publisher or agent requestingreproduction permission.
- DAM reserves the right to refuse permission for inappropriate use of reproduction(s).
- The applicant agrees to have the legal right and power to the terms in this application. This is the entireagreement between the parties, hereto, and any dispute shall be arbitrated in the City of Denver, State ofColorado.