- Richard Phillips, American, 1962
- Born: Marblehead, MA
- Work Locations: New York, NY
See more objects from the Logan Collection.
Gift from Vicki and Kent Logan to the Collection of the Denver Art Museum
Richard Phillips enlarges images from marketing and celebrity culture to a monumental scale resulting in strikingly distinctive paintings. "Mirror" emphasizes the glossy, idealized glamour of a bygone age, when indulgence and frivolity ruled. A beautiful woman’s face fills the entirety of the mirror, contrasted with the wrinkled hand holding the circular reflection.
Richard Phillips received his BFA in painting from the Massachusetts College of Art in Boston in 1984, and his MFA in painting from Yale University School of Art in 1986. He currently lives and works in New York.
© Richard Phillips
- Stephen Friedman Gallery, London [06/06/1998 - 07/15/1998]
- "Out of Shape: Stylistic Distortions of the Human Form in Art From the Logan Collection"— The Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY [03/14/2008 - 06/08/2008]
- "Facebook: Works on Paper"— Denver Art Museum [01/30/2010 - 08/29/2010]
- “Light” — Denver Art Museum, 5/19/2019 – 5/1/2020