- E. Martin Hennings, American, 1886-1956
- Born: New Jersey
- Work Locations: Taos, NM
E. Martin Hennings, A Friendly Encounter, about 1925. Oil paint on canvas; 45 3/8 x 50 5/16 in.
Denver Art Museum: The Roath Collection by exchange; William Sr. and Dorothy Harmsen Collection by exchange; funds from Henry Roath, Lanny and Sharon Martin, 2013 Collectors’ Choice, and The Second Decade Fund, 2014.28
© [date of image use] E. Martin Hennings
- "Winter Exhibition"—National Academy of Design, New York, 11/12/1929 - 12/1/1929, no. 274.
- "Twelfth Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Painting"—Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1930-1931
- "Picturesque Images from Taos and Santa Fe"—Denver Art Museum, 1/12/1974 - 3/17/1974
- "The Taos Society of Artists, Southwestern American Art: Selections from the Collection of Dr. and Mrs. George Peck"—Vero Beach Museum of Art, 11/19/2004 - 2/20/2005
- "A Place in the Sun: The Southwest Paintings of Walter Ufer and E. Martin Hennings"—Philbrook Museum of Art, 5/29/2016 - 8/28/2016