- Edward Weston, American, 1886-1958
- Born: Highland Park, IL
- Work Locations: Glendale, CA; Mexico City, Mexico; Carmel, CA
Not currently on view
Object ID: 2012.306
Gelatin silver print
Gift of Joyce and Ted Strauss
image height: 9.5 in, 24.1300 cm; image width: 7.5 in, 19.0500 cm; sheet height: 9.5 in, 24.1300 cm; sheet width: 7.5 in, 19.0500 cm; mat height: 20 in, 50.8000 cm; mat width: 16 in, 40.6400 cm; frame height: 24.5 in, 62.2300 cm; frame width: 21 in, 53.34
Purchased 9 September 1999 from [Andrew Smith Gallery, Inc, Santa Fe, NM] by Edward M. Strauss
Signed, dated (1928) & numbered (5/50) in pencil just below image on mat. EW/1082. Prize label on verso.
- "California Trees"—De Young Museum, 1932 (Weston entered this print & won $100 first prize)
- "Nancy Newhall: A Literacy of Images"—Museum of Photographic Arts, 9/20/2008-1/25/2009
- "California Trees: The 1932 Exhibition Revisited"—California Museum of Photography, 8/4/2011-12/31/2011
- "Photography & Vision: The Influence of Joyce and Ted Strauss"—Denver Art Museum, 6/8/2014 - 1/25/2015
Some images in our online collection are at thumbnail size, in accordance with AAMD guidelines, because they are protected by copyright. The Denver Art Museum respects the rights of artists or their representatives who retain the copyright to their work. Other images represent the best photography available and should be used as reference images only. Please complete the Image Rights Request form if you want to request a high resolution image.