Spend a few minutes looking at Thomas Hudson’s portrait of the Radcliffe Family. The Radcliffes were an upper-class family, who lived in England in the 18th century. Does this painting remind you of your family? Why or why not?
Every family is different and have things that make them special! Read this story about Riley and her Papa and Daddy, and have a conversation about your family guided by the questions below.
- What is special about your family?
- What might people think they know about your family but wouldn’t know for certain?
- What would you like other people to know about your family?
- What makes other families special?
- Why do you think it’s important to have different kinds of families in your community?