Provide an 8x10 piece of felt that has slits one inch a part almost the entire width of the piece. Leave a one inch space around the entire felt piece as a border.
Provide various material choices to weave in and out of the slits.
- Pipe cleaners
- Cut paper (paper bag, card stock, etc)
- Heavy yarn pieces
- We each started with the same blank piece of felt. Now that we are finished are any of the two projects in the class alike?
- Why is it important to weave in and out?
- What materials feel rough? Smooth?
- What colors or patterns do you see?