- Have a basket with twist ties or cut up pipe cleaners in a center and another basket of cut up cardstock shapes (cereal boxes are great for this!) Hole punches should also be available nearby.
- Let children explore with materials, figuring out how to string pieces together. They can each make their own individual piece, or attach them all together as a group to hang on the wall.
- How could you add another piece to what you’ve already made?
- How long can you make it? How wide?
- How could we hang all of our pieces together?
How could you make a pattern with the pieces?