Call 720-913-0130, or buy online.
In preparation for the reopening of the North Building, curators are hard at work planning the reinstallation of the permanent collections.
Curators Victoria Lyall and Jennifer Henneman will share how they are approaching this exciting challenge, discussing the issues most relevant to permanent galleries today and, in particular, to collections that represent the art of the Americas.
Topics will range from the broad—such as how the history of a collection impacts its future display—to the particular, including strategies for exhibiting individual objects and the importance of effective gallery design.
Doors open at 5:30 pm.
2019 Insight season:
- Exhibiting the Americas in the DAM’s Revitalized Galleries (Friday, March 8, 2019)
- Curatorial Collaboration: Serious Play (Friday, May 3, 6-7pm)
- Spotlight on Conservation: Treating the Berger Collection "Treasures" (Friday, June 14, 6-7pm)
- What's in a Label? The Art of Exhibition Storytelling (Friday, September 6, 6-7pm)
- Figuring out Family Fun (Friday, October 11, 6-7pm)
See individual calendar listings for more detailed descriptions and to purchase tickets.
Ticket series (package of five) are available now. Prices are $45 (DAM members) and $70 (non-members).
Single session tickets will go on sale Monday, February 25 (on a space-available basis): $10 (DAM members) and $15 (non-members).
Adult programs are supported by William Randolph Hearst Endowment for Education Programs, Nancy Benson Education Endowment Fund, CenturyLink Endowment, James Kelley and Amie Knox Education Endowment Fund, and the citizens who support the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD).
Image: Popayán (Cauca River Valley, Colombia), Figure Seated on a Bench, before A.D. 1500. Earthenware with slip. Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Edward M. Strauss in memory of Alan Lapiner, 1977.62.