Enjoy free admission, family-friendly programming, and live music and dances that celebrates children from around the world at the Denver Art Museum.
The Denver Art Museum (DAM) will host a Día del Niño (Day of the Child) celebration in the Golden Triangle Creative District on Sunday, April 29, along with four other cultural organizations: the Denver Public Library, Clyfford Still Museum, History Colorado Center and the Byers-Evans House Museum.
The event is part of a larger metro area weekend-long celebration that includes the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art at which individuals can enjoy free general admission, a variety of bilingual family-friendly activities, tours and performances by local and international performers.
Follow and use the hashtag #DDN2018 on social media to stay in-the-know.
Performance schedule at the DAM
Outside on Martin Plaza
- 10 am – Omparsa Morelos (Chinelos)
- 10:30 am – Danza Matachina Guadalupana
- 12 pm – STEM Lab World Music Ensemble
- 12:45 pm – Free Range Marimba
- 1 pm – Family Marimba Band from Zimbabwe
- 1:45 pm – Montbello Drumline
- 3:10 pm – Colorado Mestizo Dancers
- 3:40 pm – Grupo Folklorico Mexico en la Piel
Sharp Auditorium on lower level
- 10:30 am – STEM Lab World Music Ensemble
- 11 am – Free Range Marimba
- 11:15 am – Chihara Family Marimba Band from Zimbabwe
- 11:45 am – Creighton Middle School Select Instrumentalists
- 12:30 pm – Dancing Across Cultures with HOPE Online Learning Academy with Miss Shay H. and Five Points Theatre Club
- 12:45 pm – Dancing Across Cultures with HOPE Online Learning Academy Your Souls Movement
- 1 pm – Celebrating 125 Years of the Consulate General of Mexico in Denver with special guests from Dancing Across Cultures and Cleo Parker Robinson Dance
- 1:45 pm – Denver Children's Choir Summit Singers
- 2 pm – Montbello Drumline
- 2:15 pm – Aspen Santa Fe Ballet Folklorico
- 3 pm – Modern Rock Band from Swanson Elementary
- 3:15 pm – Kendrick Lakes Elementary Children's Choir
- 3:35 pm – Colorado Mestizo Dancers
- 4 pm – Grupo Folklorico Mexico en la Piel
Walk in the Woods — level 3
- 2:30-3 pm – Bilingual reading of the winning One Book 4 Colorado selection, Groovy Joe: Dance Party Countdown by Eric Litwin / José el Chévere: A bailar y cantar en la fiesta by Eric Litwin
- Leído por Pamela Padilla from Telemundo Denver
3-D Studio — level 1
- 12-3 pm – Artist demonstration by Cal Duran – “Clay Spirits”
Create-n-Takes (all day)
- Mapping Myths & Monsters – level 3
- Sew Wild – level 4
Día del Niño at the DAM is sponsored in part by the DAM’s Latino Audience Alliance, the Consulate General of Mexico, the Mexican Cultural Center, One Book for Colorado, the Golden Triangle Creative District, KBNO Radio and the citizens who support the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD).
Image: Children performing dances from Peru at the DAM's annual celebration of Día del Niño.