Kids 18 and under receive free general admission to the Denver Art Museum (DAM) during Spring Break from March 21 through April 5, 2015, and access to activities related to Joan Miró: Instinct & Imagination. This year’s Spring Break: Painting Dreams theme explores painting dreams with artmaking, special performances by Buntport Theater, Create-n-Takes and bilingual storytelling in the galleries.
Kids and their families are encouraged to explore our galleries with a Family Backpack or Art Tube, available every day of Spring Break and are free of charge.
Special activities include:
- The Studio: Spark Your Imagination – Build free-form sculptures and explore a variety of hands-on activities designed to jumpstart creativity starting March 29.
- Miró, Magic and the Night – Watch a brand-new play for families, in collaboration with Buntport Theater, about Joan Miró’s art journey. Performances on March 28, April 25 and May 30 at 10:30 a.m. in Sharp Auditorium.
- Buntport Theater – In-gallery performances on April 1 and 3 at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Cuentos del Arte – Journey into the stories behind the art through music, movement and language with a cuentista (storyteller) on March 31, April 2 and April 4 at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
For the full lineup of activities, visit the museum website at www.denverartmuseum.org.
- Online Newsroom: www.denverartmuseum.org/press
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverartmuseum
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/denverartmuseum
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/denverartmuseum/
The Denver Art Museum
The Denver Art Museum is an educational, nonprofit resource that sparks creative thinking and expression through transformative experiences with art. Its holdings reflect the city and region—and provide invaluable ways for the community to learn about cultures from around the world. Denver metro citizens support Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD), a unique funding source serving hundreds of metro Denver arts, culture and scientific organizations. For museum information, call 720-865-5000 or visit www.denverartmuseum.org.
# # #