To help you express your love and gratitude this Mother’s Day, The Shops at the Denver Art Museum are excited to help you find the perfect, thoughtful treasure. With a unique selection of items—from jewelry to knickknacks to do-it-yourself craft projects—The Shops promise an enjoyable and fruitful shopping experience.
Members will receive at least 20% on their purchases during our annual Members Spring Shopping Sale on Friday, May 8 through Sunday, May 10. Draw a ticket at the register to save even more. One lucky shopper may get his or her entire purchase for free! (Not a member? Join today. A DAM membership also makes a great gift.)
Below are only a few of our gift ideas to help you tell your mom how special she is.
For the fashion forward mom:
If your mom coos at fine fabrics and beautifully crafted jewelry, visit the stunning jewelry counter and delightful apparel section of The Shop on level one of the Hamilton Building.
- Vanessa Gade jewelry ($75-$195): Based in San Francisco, Vanessa designs contemporary jewelry with a focus on balance, movement, geometry, and negative space.
- Mar of Santa Barbara jewelry ($55-$180): Designed by Greg Geyer, the Mar of Santa Barbarba line offers a sculptural appeal in sterling silver, pearls, slate, and sea glass.
- Oropopo jewelry ($35-$150): Inspired by desert landscape and mythologies of the American West, Oropopo jewelry is crafted of laser cut leather to create pieces with original, narrative qualities.
- Maruca Bags ($25-$115): Designed and crafted in Boulder, Colorado, Maruca implements gorgeous, brightly colored textile patterns to create purses that can be used every day.
For the playful mom:
If your mom loves to laugh, she'll adore our collection of colorful, clever gift items. From bright and cheerful ice cream balls to whimsical tea infusers, you are sure to spot the right thing to make her smile.
- Softshell Ice Cream Ball ($40): A twist on the home ice cream maker, this contraption makes ice cream while you play. Put the ingredients inside, and roll the ball around to make tasty pint of ice cream. Good for moms and kids alike.
- Suction Flower Drink Markers ($6): From innovative kitchen design company Charles Viancin, these vibrant silicone flowers suction right onto your glass. The six different colors allow all the people at a gathering to keep track of their drinks. Perfect for the mom who loves to entertain.
For the sentimental mom:
Does your mom search out ornaments to remind her of times and people she cherishes? Our extensive, colorful selection of decorative glass and kitchen treasures are sure to help you find a keepsake that will remind your mom how much she means to you each time she sees it.
- Henrietta Glass ($22-35): Based in the United States, Jill Henrietta Davis designs bright glass vases and birds. The Hamilton Shop even carries the 'Love You Mom' vase, featuring a heart-shaped opening.
- Nekol Designs ($85-$495): Colorado artist Arlyss Grosz creates vibrant, textural glass pieces that speak to the pensive, fluctuating energy of Colorado forests.
- Eva Tea Set ($20-$45): This A' Design Award-winning collection of tea pots, mugs, and platters embodies ceramics artist Eva Zeisel's philosophy of attracting the hand as well as the eye. With a modern yet classic aesthetic, these ceramic items add a touch of elegance to tea time with Mom.
Or perhaps Mom (or Grandma) would be tickled by a personal, homemade gift from the little ones. Try the Shop located on level one of the North Building, which is stocked with items for families and kids such as:
- Create Your Own Puzzle ($2.50- $14.99): Available in a variety of sizes, this puzzle comes like a blank white slate, allowing a child to draw anything in the imagination. Create a special image expressing what you love about Mom, and give her the separated puzzle pieces. When she puts them together, she will be delighted by what she discovers.
- “Let’s Make Something!” ($4.64): The DAM’s first publication geared specifically toward children, “Let’s Make Something!” provides instructions for completing a variety of arts and crafts activities “inspired by the Denver Art Museum's collections.” Choose from 15 creative projects for children, and make a personalized, original gift by hand.
Top picture: Maruca coin purse, Vanessa Gade necklace, Mar of Santa Barbara earrings, Henrietta Glass "Love You Mom" vase, Henrietta Glass bird
Note: Your purchase helps support the Denver Art Museum's collections and educational programs.