Okay, so you’re totally excited to see Claude Monet: The Truth of Nature at the Denver Art Museum (which opens in October), and you’re eager to buy tickets. Read below for answers to questions about tickets.
HOW MUCH ARE MONET TICKETS?
Members of the DAM are guaranteed the best price on tickets. Not a member? Join today. Adult member tickets start at $22 when purchased online and in advance of your visit.
Adult nonmembers tickets start at $27 when purchased online and in advance of your visit.
Tickets for youth ages 6–18 are $5.
Tickets for children ages 5 and under are free.
Free admission tickets are available for youth school groups. Reservations are required.
Discounted rates for groups of 10 or more visitors are available by calling 720-913-0088.
GENERAL TICKET INFORMATION
- All tickets include an audio guide, which is available in Spanish and English and includes an adult and family version.
- The exhibition is still in the planning stage, but it will take up three gallery spaces on two floors. We are anticipating an average visit will last about 90 minutes. As with all exhibitions, some people will finish sooner, and others will take longer. You most likely know which of these types you are—please choose your entry time with this in mind.
- Entry is in 15-minute increments. If your ticket is for 11 am you’ll be allowed entry between 11 am and 11:15 am.
- Please pay particular attention to the posted closing time for the museum (typically 5 pm) as visitors will be asked to exit at that time, regardless of what time they entered the gallery for their visit. (The museum is always open late on Fridays and will be open late some Tuesdays and holiday weeks during the run of Monet.)
LOOKING FOR LESS EXPENSIVE TICKETS?
- Buy early and online. You’ll get the best price on tickets when you buy online, in advance. Plus, you get to skip that ticketing queue when you arrive at the museum—bonus!
- Become a member. Members get the very best price on tickets for all our exhibitions, including Monet. Join today and see Monet for less, plus get a full year’s worth of free general admission and other art experiences. Tickets for members start at $22 and for nonmembers at $27 when purchased online, in advance of your visit.
LOOKING FOR FEWER CROWDS?
- Avoid weekends and holidays. Weekends and holiday weeks are usually the most crowded times and are typically sold out.
- Though we expect crowds throughout the run of Monet, weekday mornings will be very busy with school tours. We recommend visiting midday and later to avoid the largest crowds.
- Visit in the evening. We will have late hours on Fridays and some Tuesdays, and evenings tend to be quieter. Book during these times to avoid some of the crowds.
HAVE A SPECIFIC DATE & TIME IN MIND?
If you want to bring those out-of-town holiday houseguests or simply must see Monet for Mom’s birthday, then you definitely want to buy early. Buying early guarantees that you’ll get access to your preferred date and time. Plus, you'll enjoy the best price on tickets and get to skip that ticketing queue when you arrive at the museum.
Image: Claude Monet, Path in the Wheat Fields at Pourville, 1882. Oil on canvas; 23 x 30 ¾ in. (58.4 x 77.5 cm). Collection of Frederic C. Hamilton, bequeathed to the Denver Art Museum, 2016.365