Joan Miró: Instinct & Imagination is on view through June 28 at the Denver Art Museum. Enhance your visit with Miró-inspired artmaking, learning opportunities, and other creative activities!
1) Family Play: Miró, Magic & the Night — Kids and their families will be transported to a fun-filled (imaginary) day in the life of Joan Miró. This play, performed by Buntport Theater Company, will be held during special Family Hours on April 25 and May 30. Advance ticket reservations are recommended.
2) Daily activities through June 28:
- The Studio: Spark Your Imagination — Visitors of all ages can try hands-on sculpting, painting, drawing, and word play in the Studio adjacent to the exhibition.
- Joan Miró: Instinct & Imagination Tour — Stop by at 1 pm for a 45-minute tour with a museum docent to learn more about the artist and exhibition.
3) Drop-in Drawing: In the Style of Miró — Drop-in on Tuesday, April 14 at 1 pm for an informal sketching session exploring Miró's style of surrealist automatism and abstraction with recognizable forms and a limited, expressive color palette.
4) Nooner Tours — Join a docent for a 30-minute, in-depth look at an aspect of Miró's life and work.
- April 8 & 10: Miró: Homage to Picasso
- April 15 & 17: Women and Birds in Miró's Paintings
- June 3 & 5: Miró: Ageless Creativity
5) Artful Aging: Through the Lens of Miró — Joan Miró continued to explore new ideas and new materials well into his eighties. Tap into his boundless energy on Thursday, May 7, with a symposium about creativity and aging, featuring inspirational talks and immersive workshops. Tickets are $78 for DAM and AARP members, $84 for others.