Supplies needed to build zombie flesh: lash glue; cotton balls; green, purple, and black eyeshadow; and red lipstick.
- Moisturize the skin. While your skin is hydrating, start pulling apart your cotton balls to create flat thin layers.
- Use your finger to spread a thin layer of lash glue on to your cheek and around your orbital bone—avoid your eyebrows! While the glue is still wet, stick on the pulled apart cotton balls.
- To create a more flesh-like feel, add another layer of lash glue. While it is still wet you can use tooth picks to move the glued cotton around on the face, creating lacerations or teeth marks.
- Once the glue has dried you can cover the cotton and lash glue with foundation. Try going one shade lighter than your skin. Then, use eye shadow to create a rotted look with the greens, purple, and black shades.
- Use your red lipstick and put some into your zombie skin to give a bloody look to your design.
- Place dark eyeshadow under your eyes and on top of the lid, darken the lips, and you’re done!
Colleen Audrey will conduct demos in the Costume Studio in March and April.