– Student at a Drop-In Drawing class
It's never too late to rediscover what you loved to do years ago or to learn something totally new.
Looking for a creative outlet? Join instructor Anna Kaye at the Denver Art Museum for Drop-In Drawing sessions 1—3 pm on the second Tuesday of each month. Anna asked students at a couple of her recent sessions why they come to her drop-in sessions and what advice they have for others looking to rekindle a creative spark. Read what they had to say below (and see some of their great work!), and then we hope we'll see you at the museum.
Why Attend Drop-In Drawing?
- "Drawing is an extension of my being...I always feel more whole after an art session. I've been participating in Drop-In Drawing for more than three years."
- "[It's] a wonderful opportunity to become inspired and learn new artistic techniques."
- "It is the most relaxing but engaging time of the month."
- "I love Drop-In Drawing and how it causes us to get out of the artists' ruts we may get into."
- "It's really fun."
- "It was great to sit and spend time with a single artwork."
- "[To] be out and interact with other creative people. It's a place to flex my drawing muscles."
Tips for Boosting Creativity?
- "Don't be afraid—mistakes are not real—they are learning experiences."
- "Buy supplies at a second-hand store and use lots of scrap paper—then don't feel intimidated to experiment."
- "Try a group like Drop-In Drawing! You will gain practice, meet like-minded people, and explore new materials and techniques."
- "They say it is good for our brains to do something we are not already good at. The fun outweighs the fears of not being good enough or looking foolish."
- "Maintain your sense of wonder."
- "Be fearless and have fun. [Create] what you want to see without thinking what others might want."
- Drop-In Drawing is included with general admission, which is free for members.
- No experience necessary.
- Drawing materials provided, but you are welcome to bring your own supplies. Please note that only sketchpads/notebooks 14 x 17 inches or smaller, graphite pencils, and kneaded erasers are permitted in the galleries.
- For additional information, email email@example.com or call 720-913-0000.