If you're planning a trip to the Denver Art Museum, for your first or your one hundredth time, here are 8 tips for coming to the museum.
- General admission to the museum includes all-day reentry. You are free to leave and return the same day, any time, with your entry sticker. Special exhibitions are one-time entry.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are available when you purchase entry. All you have to do is leave a government ID.
- Restrooms for everyone are located on every level. Ask any gallery host for directions to the nearest restroom or water fountain.
- You can bring water and food with you to the museum. However, open containers and food are not permitted in the gallery spaces. You can store your water and food in the lockers and access it throughout the day. We offer bottled water for sale in the Callahan Café, which also has food to grab and take with you.
- If you plan to bring a backpack or purse, bring a quarter to the museum. A quarter allows you to unlock a locker at the museum to store your stuff. When you’re finished with your locker, the quarter is fully refunded. If you have questions, please ask one of the volunteers or staff nearby or at the front desk. Lockers are located on level 1 and lower level.
- There are several options for parking—metered spots, flat-rate lots, and a parking garage which is located across the plaza from our main entrance. Check here for more details about parking.
- There are bike racks on the plaza for you to lock up your bike or park a scooter. Remember to bring a secure bike lock. If you have a skateboard, you can check it at the front desk when you purchase your entry ticket. Check the weather before you plan your trip. Then recheck the weather before you depart.
- The weather in Colorado can change dramatically in a short time. Dress comfortably and in layers to adapt to the changing weather and the different temperatures in the museum. There’s no need to be dressy or formal when coming to the museum but, don’t let that stop you!
Image courtesy Instagram user @kennedycottrell