“When you figure out that you get communication by words with other people, you learn to read; you learn to write.” -Rupprecht Matthies
- What kind of artwork makes you feel happy?
- What do you like to do when you are excited?
- Can you make a pose like this painting?
- What else could be made with this stick?
- What would you want to make with this stick?
- Why can a stick become so many different things?
- Have you ever used your imagination to make something wonderful from a stick?
Circle Group Time brainstorm activity:More
- Hold up the book. What do you see?
- Where do you see something close and something far?
- Where can you find something that makes noise?
- What name would you give your skin color?
- How are we the same?
- How are we different?
Students will follow along with Eric Carle to use their imaginations. Have you ever seen a polka-dotted donkey?More
- Why did Ramon's sister hang all of his artwork on her wall?
- How did Ramon feel about his artwork at the end of the story?
- What kind of ish drawing could you make?
- Which was your favorite artwork in the story?
- How did Janson feel about her artwork?
- What kind of art would you like to try making next?
- What do you think is going to happen when you press that dot?
- What makes you think that?
- How did the dot change?