Registration for Wild Color: Oil Painting in the Spirit of Fauves
Using a palette knife to create expression, learn how exaggerated bold colors and simplified drawing can set your paintings free. This class is open to all skill levels and includes visits to the exhibition Matisse and Friends for inspiration.
Classes will take place on Thursdays, September 25–November 6, 2-4:30 pm
- Oil or acrylic paints (37 ml) in each of the following colors: cadmium red, cadmium orange, cadmium yellow, cadmium lemon, dioxazine purple, quinacradone rose or red, viridian, emerald green, manganese blue, ultramarine blue, yellow ocher, mars violet, and a large tube of titanium white
- Seven 16 x 20 inch Frederix Canvas pads or boards (one for each class)
- Brushes (if you’re using acrylics)
- Painting knife (if you’re using oils—brushes are not allowed to be used with oils)
- Container for mineral spirits or water (only Gamblin odorless mineral spirits allowed for oils)
Note: easels provided.
$130 members, $140 nonmembers. Registration required.
Registration opens August 26 for DAM members, September 2 for nonmembers.
All classes and courses are accessible to people with disabilities. To arrange for individual accommodations or access services, please make your request at the time of registration. Wheelchairs are available on a first-come basis at no charge at the welcome desk.
Adult programs are supported by William Randolph Hearst Endowment for Educational Programs, Nancy Benson Educational Endowment Fund, CenturyLink Endowment, James Kelley and Amie Knox Education Endowment Fund, Macy’s Foundation and the Citizens who support the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD).