Palettes Restaurant Offering YSL-Inspired Menu
The entire museum complex is embracing its inner francophone. Palettes, the on-site restaurant at the museum, took a cue from Julia Child and created a retro French tasting menu to celebrate the sweeping fashion exhibition Yves Saint Laurent: The Retrospective that chronicles the French designer’s 40 years of creativity. Palettes is offering a three-course prix-fixe Retro-French Tasting menu for $26. For $10 more, you can get bottomless pink bubbles. We say santé (cheers) to that! Here’s what chef and owner Kevin Taylor had to say.
“As the restaurant in the Denver Art Museum, we stay inspired by the DAM exhibits bringing it into our cuisine at Palettes, giving our guests a very cohesive experience when dining with us and visiting the museum,” explains Taylor. “For the YSL exhibit, we took the kitchen in a French direction, but gave the resulting dishes a retro twist. The menu features traditional French dishes such as foie gras and French onion soup (in addition to many others), each with a unique flare inspired by the ‘60s and ‘70s.”
The menu is available through July 8, just like tickets to Yves Saint Laurent.
- frisee salad, poached egg, lardons, mustard vinaigrette
- foie gras terrine, duck confit, grilled sourdough, sauce ala orange
- gratin of asparagus, wild mushrooms, ham, hollandaise
- french onion soup gratinee
- lamb shoulder, white beans, artichokes, sauce vierge
- tuna nicoise, potatoes, haricot verts, olives, tomato, hardboiled egg
- fresh trout amandine, mashed potatoes, hericot verts, brown butter
- steak frites, mustard sauce, watercress
- valronah chocolate mousse, crisp wafers, raspberry coulis
- rhum babas, glazed pineapple, rum syrup
- apple tart tatin, warm caramel sauce, vanilla cream