Palettes Contemporary Cuisine at the Denver Art Museum often reflects the art featured in the museum on its plates and aims to enhance visitors’ sensory experiences while visiting the DAM. The on-site restaurant has now created a menu inspired by the current exhibition Spun: Adventures in Textiles. A campus-wide exhibition celebrating textile art and comprised of ten shows, Spun provided chef Kevin Taylor and executive chef Austin Cueto with plenty of material to create their own delectable masterpieces.
“The rich textures, patterns and interplay of the pre-Colombian and South American materials in the Spun exhibit inspired me to capture the same multisensory experience throughout our tasting menu,” says Cueto. “This exhibit served as a particularly vivid muse. We have woven together a bold and colorful menu that incorporates delicious flavors from Latin America.”
The menu of traditional dishes from Latin countries resulted in a flavor dynamic that Taylor says they are particularly excited to share with guests.
Palettes is offering a three-course prix fixe of the Spun-inspired tasting menu for $28. The menu is available through the end of the exhibition, September 22.
- Watercress and beet ribbon salad, camembert, pommes maxim, blackberry beet coulis $11
- Grilled shrimp escabeche, heirloom tomato, avocado, crispy wontons, yellow gazpacho $13
- Seared salmon, pea shoots, poached apple and bacon potatoes, favas, lobster chowder $16
- Roast Colorado lamb leg, purple fingerlings, spring peas, wild mushrooms, mint jus $18
- Coconut Bavarian, passion fruit sorbet, coconut biscuit, ginger citrus coulis $10
- Berry and chocolate palette, blackberry meringue, raspberry mousse, chocolate feuillitine $10
Bottomless François Montand, Brut Rose, France NV $11
- Paco and Lola, Albariño, Rias Baixas 2011 $11/28
- Pratsch, Grüner Veltliner, Austria 2011 $9/22
- Sean Minor, Vin Gris, Carneros 2012 $10/25
- Paco, Granacha-Tempranillo, Narvarra 2010 $9/22
- Decero, Malbec, “Remolinos” Mendoza-Argentina 2010 $10/25
- Estancia, Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles, California 2009 $10/25