Create, Build & Imagine at the New Shop in the North Building
The Shop at the Denver Art Museum is excited to launch an expanded selection of creative products for children, families, and the young at heart. We have completely transformed the Shop in the North Building. Beginning May 30 shelves will be full of supplies and kits that will spark imagination in kids of all ages.
You’ll find a wide variety of kids’ art activity sets organized by age group for easy selection, in addition to books, art materials, puzzles and games that can be enjoyed by the whole family. The Shop has also collaborated with the museum’s education team to select products that complement the Create-n-Take activities located throughout the galleries. Now you can recreate the fun, educational museum experience at home.
We have put together a preview of featured items to keep your family actively engaged all summer long including the following:
- Enchant the youngest art appreciators with these delightful mobiles
- Pip Squigz suctioned sensory rattles
- The Cup Catcher will keep your child’s favorite cup from hitting the ground at home and on the go
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See puzzles
- Architetrix Constructer and Globe sets
- Toobers & Zots flexible, holdable, moldable soft foam toys that children of all ages will love
- Shapescapes: Sculpture in a Box
- accelerate the neighborhood chalk game with ChalkTrail accessories for bikes and scooters
- Educational and People’s Choice Toy of the Year: GoldieBlox and the Spinning Machine
- Little Thinker dolls and magnetic finger puppets
- Wall Coaster is the perfect indoor activity for those rainy summer days
- OgoBild construction sets
- Spirograph kits
- Experiment with more than 20 optic activities while learning the scientific explanations behind them with the Illusion Science Kit
- Diaries, scrapbooks, and activity journals
- Build your own replica of an animation machine first invented 170 years ago with the Animation Praxinoscope.
Children 12 & up
- Zometool design kits
- Twiddler brainteasers
- Sketchbooks and art supplies
- Bike Brightz biking accessories
Create-your-own products to encourage young artists
- Create your own puzzles (ages 3+)
- Master Kitz is a fun and engaging way to introduce your children to art history. Recreate your own versions of famous paintings like Van Gogh’s Starry Night and Hokusai’s The Great Wave of Kanagawa (ages 6-106)
- With Master Sculpz your children can discover their inner surrealist and cubist artistry (ages 6-106)
- Create your own Alexander Calder-inspired mobiles with our Mobile Kits (ages 9+)
- Tibetan Mandalas Colored Sand Kit (ages 9-15)
Be sure to check out the Art by Adelyn greeting cards by our featured young artist Adelyn Wall.
Your purchase helps to support the Denver Art Museum collections and educational programs. Members receive a 10% discount on all shop merchandise.
The Shop offers unique, artistic gifts that will make any celebration a memorable one.